• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • CTH

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Demons Out, But You're Better Off Dead...

Bad days are something we all have to deal with from time to time and for your own sake, I really hope your better days outnumber those that are not so favorable.  Sometimes people think I must live in some sort of drug-induced happy place after reading some of my blog posts, but I have days that can be just as horrible as the next guy.  Sometimes I handle them well, and sometimes I do not, but the trick is to not take it out on whomever happens to be standing in front of you at the moment, which is something I believe entirely.  

We all seem to let the small, petty instances of life bother us for extended periods of time.  I have seen so many instances of people letting their entire day be ruined by insignificant events that it makes me sick.  We live in a time littered with first world problems that we allow to control us to no end in far too great of a frequency.  Handle things however you wish, but taking your own problems out on someone else without justification is never a good idea, and you should hope and pray you do not do that in my direction because I will take extra steps to ruin your day that much more.  I enjoy being ironic and clandestinely pointing out stupidity sometimes, what can I say?  Life is too short to get into drama, so provoking thought to prove a point without directly calling out someone's irrational reactions is a better option.

Now, I have been in a bit of a funk the past few days and have been fairly disconnected in certain ways, but that is just a thought process for me and I am physically and emotionally tired.  Thinking and working more than usual will do that to a person.  But, just for fun, lets take a look at some things that have happened to me lately but did not phase my day's outlook.

I like rain, but this one was just ironic.  I did want to mow my lawn on Sunday, but this prevented it.  I spent the day listening to the rain, thinking, and coming up with blog topics for you people instead.

Oh yeah, on Saturday afternoon, the lawn mower I just finished restoring broke when I wanted to mow the lawn after work.  That's the pull-start assembly in my hand.  So, I didn't get to mow on Saturday or Sunday.  Some would love that, but my grass is looking shaggy. Oh well.  Crap happens.

After waking up on Sunday, I walked outside to find my garage door opener was sitting on my car all night from when I had the mower out on Saturday.  During the rain storm.  Luckily I managed to get it working again.  Wet happens.

This seemed to be a good idea until I tasted it and was reminded of fruity cough drops.  This flavor is seriously awful.  Bad flavor happens.

To add to the joys of my chronic nose bleeds that have developed lately, I had some finishing work to do this week with lacquer, which is REALLY rough on your sinuses.  Luckily my new respirator helped a little bit.  Vapor happens, so does blood.

Check out that chunk of grass stuck in my tailpipe.

Close up.  Yes, that happened.  No, I do not feel like explaining it.  Dirt happens...

Laughing is healthier than anger. 
But, at the end of the day, I always had a moment of happiness that easily trumped whatever things did not happen to go my way, because I try hard to keep the small things from getting under my skin.  

My massive pile of finishing came out great:

I have a dog that loves me unconditionally, for whatever reason:

And all of the trees, flowers, and other plants are in bloom at my parents' house and next door at Jerry's:

Oh yeah, the plants are blooming at my house too:

I guess all that I was looking to say with this post is:
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
Wait...

Grace and Peace,
    -Drew

0 comments:

Post a Comment