• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • CTH

Wednesday, December 4, 2013


We lie.
Everyone has their own moments of being untruthful in some faction but the real truth behind the act of telling a lie is the compound effect.

I have no reason to tell you the meaning of what I just wrote - we are all adults here, right?  When we really look at what happens as the result of a lie we realize we have all been story tellers.  I do not know about you, but when I was a kid, my grandmother would refer to lies as "telling stories" which makes perfect sense to me now (I assume that's a southern thing).  You see, I write and I create stories within the book I am working on and also, to a much lesser extend, within the blogs I write a few days each week.  My "job" in some sense is to make topics or ideas sound interesting to those who happen to read them.  All I need to do is create that "grab" which sucks you in to make you wonder where I am going down the rabbit hole of the moment.  
Lies tend to function in the same way as my writing.

Being untruthful with someone creates the underlying basis of a story and further questioning within that conversation or even at a much later time which compounds the original topic.  A lie always covers up a lie with covers up another lie, which never seems to end until of the person involved is either found out, confesses, or takes it to their grave.  

As adults we hear the term "dog eat dog" when making reference to business in whatever capacity we dwell and this is sort of like Wikipedia for me. 
Wait, what?
I read all the time and as dull as this probably makes me, most of my reading is research, because my mind has problems focusing on fantasy and fiction when put into text.  I will hear about something I had never known to exist and do a Google search which usually leads me to Wikipedia.  While researching the topic (again, because I am SO entertaining) I will open up multiple browser tabs of other things mentioned in that article and read them one by one.  I believe my record is somewhere in the teens for most open Wikipedia tabs at one time.  My open tabs of potentially useless information have everything in common with the "dog eat dog" mentality.

In the same way I started with one, singular topic which lead to offshoots of many other topics, the perception of the most basic business reality holds similar ground.  Start with the most recent encounter of someone within your respective field doing something questionable and often immoral to you or someone else and start back-tracking.  Layer, upon layer, upon layer until arriving at the source and you will see how everything stemmed from that sprouting instance was most likely a lie being told or conveyed to someone else.  In case you had not thought about it before, a lie can easily be deception as well as directly false information.  

Oops.  I have cracked the code.
We do this to ourselves and I hate it with everything I am.  I have no idea why we embrace these as terms of acceptance and I also have no idea why the normal practice of making everyone a personal footstool is so typical.  Maybe we just do not pay attention and throw falsehoods around at such a rate that we have lost all sense of relevancy and decency.

Think about a world where everyone spoke their honest opinions and how in the open instead of in the dark we would all be as people.  This is not some hippie moment of me thinking the world can change in this respect, because I am well aware that it will not.
Unfortunately we think the truth is rude for some reason?
Even when asked questions directly and not simply voicing an opinion out of spite.
When did that happen and why is it common and accepted?

Just think it over, because I tend to get myself into trouble for not lying and it confuses me.
Yeah, about that...

Grace and Peace,
-Drew


 -Add me.  Stalk me.  Tweet me.  I really don't mind.-
Twitter:  @JDrewSilvers

0 comments:

Post a Comment